When modifying a theme it is always best to use a Child theme, thus your changes won’t be lost once you update your main theme files.
If you want to update to the latest version simply download the .zip package again from your account in ThemeForest.
Then in case you haven’t modified the main theme files updated in the latest version you can replace the old files with the new ones.
Same applies for the case when you are using a Child theme. Simply overwrite the main Theme Files with the new version ones.
If you have made changes to any of the Main theme files that you would like to preserve (for example the main CSS file) make sure you use a software like WinMerge to merge the changes! It will basically show you the differences in the 2 files (your modified file and the latest theme version file) and let you merge them into 1 file. Full list of files updated is available in the documentation withing your downloaded package.
It is always a good idea to backup your idea just in case, there are plenty of plugins to do that, Duplicator is a great option as it creates a whole package of your installation that includes your WP + theme + DB + Data + images.
Also check Fortuna’s documentation for latest details on updating your theme:
- Theme support is offered to verified customers only. To post a topic go to your Theme Category and add your question at the page bottom.
- Pixelated logo
- Slider Revolution – Fatal error
- A couple of issues after WP update.
- Trouble with license & installing demo content
- Licence regular in subdomains
- Aqua Theme problem with wordpress 5.5.1
- Change Page builder
- Header changes colour on mobile
- SEO – Fortuna
- WP Bakery Not Showing Up in Front or Back End